Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Primary Sources at the SLC
The Loeb Classical Library series provides the original Greek or Latin with a side-by-side English translation. To find Loeb titles, simply do a keyword search in Worldcat@SU for "Loeb Classical Library".
Other primary sources to look for in the catalog include Oxford Classical Texts, Cambridge Greek and Latin texts, and Teubner editions.
Browsing the Shelves
Due to the multidisciplinary approach to the study of Classics, browsing books in the stacks can be tricky. You have to look at a variety of disciplines in different parts of the library. The SLC organizes books according to the Dewey Decimal system, and you can find Classics books, both primary and secondary sources, in these areas:
Second Floor of the SLC
- 292: Classical (Greek & Roman) Religion/mythology
- 470-79: Classical Latin language (grammar, etymology, etc.)
- 480-89: Classical Greek langauge (grammar, etymology, etc.)
- 709: Overviews of Art History, including Classical Art
Third Floor of the SLC
- 870-79: Classical Latin/Roman Literature
- 880-89: Classical Greek Literature
- 937: History of Ancient Rome and Italy (includes Archeology)
- 938: History of Ancient Greece (includes Archeology)
Having trouble finding the book you need in Worldcat@SU? Try these helpful links: