Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New York Times in Education
As part of our access to the New York Times Online, you also get access to the New York Times in Education. This is a new resource to help both educators and students make the most of our subscription. New content and teaching resources are added to this site on a weekly basis by Faculty contributors from a variety of institutions.
THIS SITE REQUIRES A SEPARATE REGISTRATION FROM YOUR NEW YORK TIMES ONLINE ACCOUNT. See instructions below.
- Got to http://nytimesineducation.com
- Click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your Southwestern email address.
- Choose a password--we recommend using the same one you used for your New York times account.
- Fill out the rest of the form--indicate whether you are a Student or Faculty/Staff; select the areas (if any) that you want weekly updates about; and check or uncheck the box that agrees to receive weekly updates and offers.
- Click the "Sign Up" button.
- You will be taken to a Welcome page.
Tools and Resources
- Faculty Contributions: Articles and Questions to use in class sessions.
- Curated New York Times articles
- Custom news alerts
- Instructional strategies
- Co-curricular activities
- Weekly digests
- A list of subject areas
Questions or Problems?
Contact Amy Anderson:
- American Government
- Arts and Visual Culture
- Campaigns and Elections
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Sciences
- International Relations
- Population Health and Nursing
- Religious Studies
- Writing and English Composition