Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Selected Books from Smith Library Center
Finding books on art and art history at Southwestern
The Library have thousands and thousands of books on almost any topic in the collection. You can perform author and/or title searches in WorldCat. You can also search by subject headings and keywords.
Use GET IT! for those books outside our library. Click here for GET IT! tutorial.
- You'll need to set up an account the first time you use it and log in subsequently.
- Once you have an account, either go directly GET IT! and manually enter the information, or, if you're using a SU database, look for a shortcut link (REQUEST THIS ITEM FROM GET IT!) to automatically enter in the information for you.
- If your article is delivered in electronic format, you'll receive an email with a link to follow as soon as it's arrived.
Click on the links below to execute a search in the WorldCat. After completing your initial search, be sure to look on the left side of the screen for other subject heading ideas and limiters through which you may target your search. This is not an exhaustive list of subject headings related to art and art history.
Dewey Decimal Call Numbers -- 700's, The ARTS
Books in the library are arranged using the Dewey Classification System. The 700s range widely through diverse subjects: civic and landscape art, architecture, plastic arts and sculpture, drawing and decorative arts, painting, printmaking, photography, music, and recreational and performing arts
- 700 Arts
- 710 Landscaping & Area Planning
- 720 Architecture
- 730 Sculpture, Ceramics & Metalwork
- 740 Drawing & Decorative Arts
- 750 Painting
- 760 Graphic Arts
- 770 Photography & Computer Art